Get Ready for Summer
Ayoub Carpet Service | April 20 2016
Summer is upon us! The weather is gorgeous and it’s time to open the windows and start that cleaning. But where to start? What needs to be done? If you’re not sure exactly what needs to be cleaned, we’ve got the checklist just for you and where to start or to pass this list on to your “Honey Do List!”
- Vacuum & Wipe Down Walls and Ceilings: Start by vacuuming to remove as much loose dirt and dust as possible. Follow this with a soft cloth. Wash with water and soap mixture to clean really dirty areas.
- Furniture: Vacuum and clean upholstered items and polish wooden items. Clean all dust and treat any problem areas (tears, /scratches, rust spots, loose parts, etc.)
- Dusting: Choose a quality duster that will trap and remove the dust (ex: microfiber cloth) rather than just spread it around. Dust all surfaces of your home including shelves, knick knacks, photos, lamp shades, door trim, window casings and ceiling fans.
- Air Vents: Clean these yourself or have them professionally cleaned.
- Vacuum: Vacuum everywhere including all floors and other areas that can quickly be dusted/cleaned with vacuum attachments.
- Have your Carpets and Rugs Cleaned by Ayoub Carpet Service: Consult the Region’s best professional.
- Windows: Clean the windows inside and out. Grab a friend or spouse to help make the job go quicker.
- Baseboards: Dust and wipe down baseboards.
- Drapes/Blinds/Window Treatments: Clean the drapes and blinds. If heavy winter drapes are used, remove, clean and store them. Replace with lighter warm weather window treatments.
- Defrost and clean out the freezer- get rid of old and freezer burned items
- Refrigerator Coils: Pull out the refrigerator and clean the coils. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator first to avoid any shocks. The coils are usually at the bottom under the grill or in the back. Simply vacuum away any dust or dirt build up with a vacuum with attachments.
- Oil Wooden Cabinets: Keep your wooden cabinets looking great by applying a thin layer of citrus oil. Use a soft cloth to apply and a clean cloth to remove any excess oil from the surface.
- Trash Cans: Wash out and sanitize your trash cans to keep them smelling fresh during the winter months.
- Oven/Stove Cleaning: In addition to cleaning the inside of the oven, look at the exhaust vents. Clean the grease traps and vents as well. Pull the oven out and clean behind the unit to remove excess dust and debris that has dropped/dripped down over the months.
- Drains: Remove build up and odor causing growth with a quality drain cleaner or use chemical free options, such as baking soda and vinegar.
- Check Expirations Dates: Sort through cosmetics and prescriptions and discard all expired products.
- Check Grout in Tile: The grout in tile can wear and become poroused. Regrout areas that are weak or damaged.
- Flip the Mattress: To keep even wear on your mattress, it’s wise to flip it periodically. This is the perfect time!
- Change the Bedding: Now that warmer temperatures are here, remove the flannel sheets and heavy blankets, wash them and store them. Replace them with lighter, warm weather bedding.
- Pillows: With use, pillows can house bacteria and mold. If your pillows are machine washable, wash them and dry them completely. If they’re not washable, hand clean them or replace them with new ones.
- Clean out Drawers and Closets: Add the discard and donate items to your items from the attic/basement and set a delivery date. Store cold weather clothing and bring out warm weather clothing.
- Smoke Detectors/Alarms: Replace batteries in all smoke detector units.
Furnace Filters: Time to replace or clean the filter for your furnace. This is also important to keep your furnace and
AC running efficiently.
Call us 703-255-6000
- Minimize: Sort through boxes of stored items and clothing. Donate, sell or trash items
- Sort and Organize: Use bins or boxes to keep like items together in an organized fashion so you can find them easily.
- Safety: Keep all appliances raised up off the floor to prevent any electrical problems should there be water in the basement.
- Washing Machine: Clean out your washing machine.
- Dryer: Vacuum out the lint trap of the dryer and clean the vents and exhaust as well.
Let us Help you plan your Summer Cleaning!
« Back to All Entries